NJ is governed by the provisions of applicable laws in India including the Information Technology Act 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data.
NJ collects and generates various data points about you. Data by which you are identified is termed as “Personal Data”. Personal Data does not mean information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain. Your privacy is of utmost importance to NJ and the protection of your Personal Data is a key commitment for NJ.
Information collected by NJ
- Personal details (e.g. name, contact details including, residential address, date of birth, documents such as identity card/passport details / Aadhaar details / PAN / Voter ID/driving licence, and/or education details) provided by you to NJ to avail various services from NJ;
- Your details including transaction history, balances and payment details, for effecting transfer of monies through various payment channels facilitated by NJ;
- Financial details (e.g. income, expenses, and/or credit history) needed as part of the request for some of NJ’s products/services;
- Images/videos of documents/photos required to avail any of our products/services;
- Voice recordings of conversations with NJ’s customer care agent by you to address your queries/grievances;
- Risk profile, investment selection, beneficiary and nominee information etc.;
- Employment details (e.g. occupation, employer name, positions held, employment history, salary and/or benefits) as part of NJ’s record retention for credit / various product evaluations or as required under applicable law including Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005;
- Specimen signature(s) or consent for the processing of your instructions received by NJ through our various payment and delivery channels;
- Opinions provided by you to NJ by way of feedback or responses to surveys.
Usage of Your Personal Data:
- To facilitate the transactions or report on these transactions;
- To check and process your requests submitted to NJ for products/services and/or instructions or requests received from you in respect of these products/services;
- To share with you, updates on changes to the products/services and their terms and conditions;
- To take up or investigate any complaints/claims/disputes;
- To respond to your queries or feedback submitted by you;
- To verify your identity to provide products/services to you;
- To carry credit checks, screenings or due diligence checks as lawfully required by us;
- To monitor and review services from time to time;
- To undertake financial/regulatory / management reporting, and create and maintain various risk management models;
- For conducting audits and for record-keeping purposes;
- For selective offers and promotions.
Sharing of Data
NJ may share any Personal Data of clients/investors with the following parties, in connection with and as may be necessary for the conduct of NJ’s business/operations:
- With the Registrar & Transfer Agent/s (RTA) of various Mutual Funds and/or other issuers, group companies and associate entities to facilitate the services, banks and/or authorised external third parties/intermediaries or any other service provider who are involved in transaction processing, dispatches, printing/marketing etc. of clients/investors investment in any products, unless any investor/unitholder has specifically written to NJ to refrain from sharing such information with such parties;
- Any regulatory/administrative/legislative authority and/or with the NJ for compliance with any legal, statutory or regulatory requirements and/or to verify the identity of clients/investors for complying with anti-money laundering/KYC requirements and/or under any applicable laws for the time being in force and/or for the purpose of data storage.
NJ shares such aforesaid information to the aforesaid service providers under strict confidentiality and only on a 'need to know basis' and for the purposes of lawful functioning of NJ’s business/operations. NJ sends the account statements or financial information pertaining to the clients/investors to be sent over the internet and only through a secure mode. NJ also ensures that the parties to whom such aforesaid information/data is shared have confidentiality provisions and high levels of security practices, controls and procedures to ensure its protection.
Notwithstanding anything contained, NJ shall not be responsible/liable, either directly or indirectly, for the authenticity/accuracy of the personal/financial information or any other data/information submitted by you and/or for its misuse, not attributable to the acts of NJ, at any time and in any manner whatsoever. In case you feel that any information/data provided by you is inaccurate/deficient or requires updation, then you shall ensure to correct/amend such information/data as soon as possible by getting in touch with NJ. NJ will at all times endeavour to handle transactions efficiently and to resolve any investor grievances promptly.
Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures
NJ takes various steps and measures to protect the security of your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. NJ uses the latest secured server layers encryption and access control on its systems. NJ safety and security processes are audited by a third-party cybersecurity audit agency from time to time.
NJ has provided multiple levels of security to safeguard your app by the Login / Logout option. NJ also ensures the device binding so that the same login cannot be used on different devices without any additional authentication / OTP. Please do not share your NJ login, password and OTP details with anybody.
If at any time you believe that NJ or its users/members have not adhered to these principles, please notify NJ by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and NJ will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.